Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Seeking the One Thing

I love you, O my God; and I desire to love you more and more.
Grant to me that I may love you much as I desire, and as
much as I ought. O dearest friend, who has loved and saved
me, the thought of whom is so sweet and always growing
sweeter, watch over my lips, my steps, my deeds, and I shall
not need to be anxious either for my soul or my body. Give me
love, sweetest of all gifts, which knows no enemy. Give me in
my heart pure love, born of your love to me, that I may love
others as you love me. O most loving Father of Jesus Christ,
from whom flows all love, let my heart, frozen in sin, cold to
you and cold to others, be warmed by this divine fire. So help
and bless me in your Son. Amen.
- A Prayer of Anselm


Anselm's prayer is beautiful. Often times the saints that have gone before have deep and intimate prayers. Father, may the orientation of my life and my heart's desire be that of seeking the One Thing - Jesus.

Ollie
Sep 2007

No comments: