Thursday, June 19, 2008

Remembering my Angel without Wings


My pet cat Missy just passed away.


I remember an author once wrote that cats are angels without wings. Missy was certainly one. She was my constant companion, a warm purring ball of fur by my feet for 16 years. I will miss her.

She was a reassuring friend who showed affection during some of my darkest time. She was there when my father passed away; she was there during the period of my relationship turmoil and upset; she was even around when I was suffering from severe sleep apnea and probably had borderline depression. She was even present to wake my mother up when my mother fell, broke her arm and fainted. Missy was faithful to us and a gift from God; in a small way, arranged by God to be a companion to my family through some of our toughest times.

Now, as I move forward and keep my eyes looking upward, responding to God's irresistible call on my life; I know I'll be alright. I've now a strong sense of calling that grips me; and as of recently, I've tasted true community and belonging which I have searched for in vain for a long time. So I'll be fine. Missy, go, go in peace. We'll be alright. And I'll see you again, when God re-creates a new heaven and a new earth. I'll have my mug of coffee, with my favourite book, seated comfortably under a tree by the river of life, gazing at the distant hills. And you will sit by my feet, a warm purring ball of grey fur - my faithful little companion.


Ollie
Jun 2008

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog, but I wanted to tell you - I know how you feel about Missy. I have a cat who I feel exactly the same way about and I know that even when she's gone, it won't be forever. She is my faithful companion and reminds me what unconditional love is like.
I'm sorry for your loss.

kim said...

Ollie,

You make me cry!

Meow - beow Kheng

::tingyu:: said...

:!(

u've got me! and everyone else!
the next time i see u i'll start meowing :P
*will make xiuhui do so too!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I understand, really. My precious Jazzy is surviving one day at a time. She is 15, has kidney failure, hyperthyroidism and masses in her stomach. I pray for the courage to help her through this. OMG, this is the first time I thought that I'll see her again someday! Thank you for sharing.

Regards
Jazzy's mom.