Friday, July 3, 2009

Earnestly I Seek You

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water....
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I stay close to you; your right hand upholds me. Ps 63:1,6-8 (NIV)


My Father, it's my natural tendency to seek you in the areas of my life where I'm in some distress. But you alone know what aspect of your nature I need to see today.
If it's your corrective hand I need, help me to see it quickly and to respond with joyful obedience.
If it's your compassion, let me perceive how deep and wide your love is, so that I can pour out that love on others, too.
And if your clear-bright purity is what I need to see, let me face it long enough that it cleanses away the sooty darkness that gathers so subtly in me...
- "Early Will I Seek You: A 40-Day Journey in the Company of Augustine" (ed. David Hazard).


-----
Grace and Peace
Ollie
Jul 2009

No comments: