Friday, March 23, 2007

The Act of Blogging

Why do I blog?


I blog not because I have the answers; I blog because in the process of writing, I think, I articulate my thoughts and feelings, and I pray God speaks to me through them.


I blog not because of any narcissistic act of creativity; I blog because I’m made in the image of the First Creator; in this act of writing and re-creation I express in a small way what He did when He spoke into the void and created.


I blog not because of the need to see and record spectacular new visions; I blog because I want to open my eyes to see that which God has already made plainly visible. I want to see the common made holy.


I blog not because of the need of an outlet or compartment to vent my daily frustration; I blog because I hope to integrate Faith and Life, to be a whole person.


I blog not because I enjoy the solitude act of writing; I blog to connect to friends, to build a community here on the blogosphere.


Ollie

March 2007


1 comment:

D said...

I blog not because of any narcissistic act of creativity

ROFL!!