Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Guan Huai Fang Shi

Guan Huai Fang Shi - loosely translated "Way of Caring" - that's the song my colleague convinced me to sing at the farewell lunch for my AD and friend who is leaving the branch this year end. I think it is going to be funny on two counts. Firstly, they have gotten me to sing this in Mandarin - me whose spoken mandarin sounds like an American Born Chinese, with the accompanying slang. And secondly, I've to with all passion and conviction, speak out the English translation during the musical interlude. If the translation was good and poetic, I think I can pull it off with some flair, but it is a loosely translated version which make me sound like a bad English-translation of a 70s Chinese Movie. Sigh... all in good fun. I think it'll be quite funny. :)

Ollie
Nov 2007

1 comment:

Fenghuo said...

think you did well... =)

even though ur hands were trembling...