Sunday, March 9, 2008

Immeasurably...

Read:

"Our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:17 (NLT) (emphasis mine)

"Take on an entirely new way of life - a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." Ephesians 4:22 (MSG) (emphasis mine)

"Remember what Christ taught and let His words enrich your lives and make you wise." Colossians 3:16 (LB) (emphasis mine)


Record:

"Immeasurably... " 2 Corinthians 4:17 (part) (NLT)

"Take on an entirely new way of life... renewed from the inside..." Ephesians 4:22 (part) (MSG)

"Let His words enrich your lives..." Colossians 3:16 (part) (LB)


Reflect:

"Immeasurably." We have immeasurable riches in Christ (see Ephesians 1-3). Considering this, what is the present sacrifices, trials and hardship to us? We have an immeasurable treasure in heaven waiting for us if we but pursue Christ with one passion. Our desire in life at the end of th day should be to hear our Lord, our Master, our King and our Friend say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

That one single passion being the end desire of my service, my ministry and my walk, how then am I to walk in grace in this new year? How am I to take on an entirely new way of life, renewed from the inside out? I am to let Jesus' words dwell in me richly; to be renewed in the spirit of my mind.

To this goal, I am to spend time in 1 & 2 Thessalonian - to read, to memorise, to study, to pray and reflect. In 2008, I shall "camp" and "chew" over these two books of the bible. I am certain as I am connected to Christ through His word, I shall be transformed and be effective in my walk, my service and my ministry.


Respond:

Father, I thank you for your love and your immeasurable riches in store for me. Let my response to in gratitude be a tight gripping of scriptures and a worthy service and ministry!


Ollie
Mar 2008

No comments: