Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time for Chilling

I noticed this squirrel outside my window during my finals week - it was chilling and sleeping on the branch while balancing precariously only as squirrels can.

It was a tough but good finals; I think on one day I sat down and worked for 15 hours (with time out for meals and bio-breaks). It was a good opportunity to push and discipline myself. Learned heaps.

Anyway it is chilling time. I watched the latest Star Trek Movie last Friday midnight; attended a flute recital by a young virtuoso on campus on Saturday afternoon; had a good dinner and fellowship at a friend's home in rural Louisville Sunday evening; and finally watched the Louisville Bats Baseball game on Monday evening (my friends wanted me to experience authentic America, and they maintained that you cannot get more American than Baseball!).

I'm hoping to walk some in Cherokee Park, visit downtown Louisville (Speed Art Museum, Fourth Street, and Waterfront Park) and to spend a lazy afternoon chilling at the Blue Dog Cafe over a cup of aromatic coffee and a good book, before heading up to Philadelphia for a couple of days. There I will meet Kim Meng, Beow Kheng, Caleb and Daphne, attend Caleb's graduation and walk around Philly for a couple of days (maybe visiting the Amish community outside Philly) before heading back to good old Singapore and home! Looking forward to getting back to Grace Baptist Church and meeting up with the younger ones! (:

--------
Grace and Peace
Ollie
May 2009

No comments: