Monday, July 23, 2007

Life is a Tempoary Assignment (Day 6, Purpose Driven Life)


For, “All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.” 1 Peter 1:24-25a (NIV)

"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away." Psalm 39:4 (NLT)
 "All they think about this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives." Philippians 3:19-20 (NLT)

"I know there'll be a moment
I know there'll be a place
Where we will see our Saviour
And fall in His embrace
So let us not grow weary
Or too content to stay
'Cause we are not home yet
We are not home yet
Not home yet
So let us journey on"
- Steven Curtis Chapman


As I read Day 6 of the Purpose Driven Life, I remembered a song by Steven Curtis Chapman - Not Home Yet. It captures my thoughts and reflections well; life is a temporary assignment and we are not home yet. It reminded me that neither should I be too content nor too weary with this world. I should not be too contented with this present world - I should not be too obsessed and caught up in the pursuit of the things of this world, but rather focus on things eternal. Neither am I too be to weary by the worries, trials and brokenness of this world - but rather I should hope and focus on the coming glory. I am reminded I am not home yet.


Ollie
Jul 2007


No comments: