Friday, May 11, 2007

Soul Friends

I had a wonderful evening last night. I managed to catch up with a close friend - one of a circle of a few.

Immediately after the initial few minutes of warming up to each other, we commenced with meaningful, deep conversation. It felt as if we were continuing a conversation though the last we met was some eight months ago. The conversation was soul speak. We actually admitted to missing each other - in a totally non-romantic and platonic sort of way. :P

We spoke for two hours, but it felt like only a brief moment in time. Then we parted - her to her family and marriage and year long break before enrolling in an art school; me to my world of education and ministry with youths and young adults. We parted with each encouraged and thanking God for the ongoing transformation in each other's life.

I think it'll probably be a while before we meet, but I'm sure we will continue the on-going conversation again - for we are soul friends.


Always in gratitude for His grace,

Ollie
May 2007