Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mount Rainier


Ah Mount Rainier. This picture was taken by a friend who visited Seattle last year. It brings back memories.

I was in Seattle in Aug 05. I remember seeing Mount Rainier from some distance as I was traveling in a car from Richland to Seattle. It was beautiful. It left me awestruck.

Then I arrived in Seattle. I remember the people, the art museums, the cafes, the coffee, the rainy grey weather, the culture. I enjoyed it all. The city was framed on one side by picturesque mountains, and Puget Sound framed the other. A number of lakes and green parks dotted the landscape. It was like eden, a little slice of paradise this side of heaven. I also visited the San Juan Islands. Words fail to describe the enchantment. I think it has been listed as one of the most beautiful island chain as part of the named world heritage sites.

If there is a city I would like to live in, it would be Seattle along the pacific northwest of the North America. Either that or Vancouver, which lies north along the coast-line of Puget Sound from Seattle. I wish...

Ollie
Jun 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.