Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Way of the Christian Leader

As I'm pondering the possibility of taking up the position of ministry leader for Youth and Young Adults, I remember Henri Nouwen's thinking on the way of the Christian Leader.

"The way of the Christian leader is not the way of upward mobility in which our world has invested so much, but the way of downward mobility ending on the cross. Here we touch the most important quality of Christian leadership in the future. It is not a leadership of power and control; but a leadership of powerlessness and humility in which the suffering servant of God, Jesus Christ, is made manifest." - Henri Nouwen

I'm to manifest Jesus. Which then is the best way for me to do that? To take up the responsibility or to walk another path?

Ollie
Jun 2007

1 comment:

Francis Siefken said...

Hi Ollie,

You june 17th Nouwen quote reminds me of "servant leadership".

Francis - The Netherlands