Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Spirit of God present through the Word of God

A post by Terry at the Blog "Said at Southern" pointed me to the sermon by Dr David Platt. I read Terry's post and was struck by the sense of awe and conviction. I proceeded to download and listen to the sermon. In it, Dr Platt spent the the first half or more of his sermon just reciting Romans Chapter 1 - 8. I listened, awe-struck, as he spoke with conviction, deep passion and humility. It is true that not being present, I would not be able to capture nor understand the fullness of what happened. However, even then, I was silent and listened intently. It gave me a renewed conviction of the power of the pure word of God declared.

The MP3 can be found here. (Right click "save link as" to download the MP3).

The account by Terry Delaney of the chapel service in which Dr David Platt spoke can be access here.


(HT: Terry Delaney (Blog: Said at Southern))


Ollie
Sep 2008

3 comments:

Terry Delaney said...

Ollie,

This is Terry Delaney from Said. I just wanted to let you know that he was not reading. He never looked at his Bible. That was from pure memory.

If you check out his church's website, they are huge on the importance of scripture memorization. What is more is Dr. Platt leads by example.

Under His grace,

Terry Delaney

Ollie's intersection with time and space said...

Terry


Thank you for filling me in. Knowing this has left me feeling even more in awe at Dr Platt's sermon and example.

BTW, do you happen to have the weblink to his church?

Also, I'll be by Southern Seminary for a visit on 16 Sep (Tuesday); hoping to see more of Southern in person.


Grace and Peace,

Ollie

Terry Delaney said...

http://www.brookhills.org/default.htm

Ollie,

The link is above. If that does not work, just google David Platt--it is the first site that comes up.

Also, if you have any time after chapel and would like to visit or have lunch shoot me an email (tdelaney017@yahoo.com). I would love the fellowship.

Terry