Thursday, September 25, 2008

What is the Gospel?

Definition of the Gospel from two of my favourite pastors/theologians - Mark Dever and John Piper. For those of us unclear of what the Gospel is, listen and understand - the Gospel is central to our Faith, Practice and Life. Knowing what the Gospel is, we then, quoting Jerry Bridges, have to preach the Gospel to ourselves daily, thereby growing in holiness, having the Character of Christ formed in us. We would than also be fruitful for God's Kingdom; pleasing God and delighting in Jesus.



What is the Gospel? - Mark Dever




What is the Gospel? - John Piper






Ollie
Sep 2008

2 comments:

HuaiZhi said...

Hi Ollie,
Came across your blog through some random surfing on gospel-centred churches in S'pore.. really cool to hear that you've been to Capitol Hill Baptist.. a friend and I have been scouting around for gospel-centred leaning people..would be great to get to know you.. :-)

Ollie's intersection with time and space said...

Hi Huaizhi

Yes. The visit to Capitol Hill Baptist Church was a privilege and a humbling experience. It was awesome meeting Mark Dever in person and seeing the Gospel preached.

Well. It is by God's grace; I think I still do not fully understand nor live in the light of the Gospel daily, though I believe God is continuing His work in my life.

I'll be glad to exchange emails - you can email me at olliechia@gmail.com and we can continue our conversations.